Sunday, July 06, 2008
 
What's Wrong with Democrats...
I'll tell ya, it's sometimes downright embarrassing to be a member of such a self-sabotaging group. I used to be gleeful when repugnicans ate their young (that is, attacked moderates by running right-wing idealogues against their own incumbents). At least we're not usually that dumb [except for Cindy Sheehan and her supporters--and don't get me wrong, Cindy's a hero, but run against the most powerful Dem in the House? Come on, put your energy and $ to good use and run against a republican, dammit!].

But, now the left is turning on Obama because of his "move to the right." Well, I'm sorry. The run for the nomination is over, and now it's time to run for the general election. If you can't figure out the difference between defining yourself against a fellow democrat when running for your party's nomination, and running against a republican, you shouldn't be commenting on politics. You can't bloody win a general election by being left-wing. And, Obama was never left-wing to begin with. (There's a reason why it's called a wing, you know). He's always made a point of being able to work across the aisle in the Senate. Were you paying attention before you started dissin' all us Hillary supporters? (And yes, I preferred Hillary, and I'm sorry that the left is still as vitriolically misogynistic as it was at the beginning of the second wave--how little far we've come!) Despite my preference for Hillary, I've always felt Barack was presidential material, and now that he has been chosen through the democratic process, I will support him all the way to the White House.

It's not that I"m not disappointed about Obama's statement about the SCOTUS decision about the Louisiana DP case--I am. It's not that I'm not disappointed in his vote on FISA--I am. But, NO one is ever going to be the perfect candidate. Instead of publicly tearing down our chosen candidate--we need to build him up and show the voters how and why it's best that he be our next President, not John McCain. Because believe me, the repugs are going to be tearing him down like anything--we don't need to be doin' their job for them.

Get it now?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?